Construction of I-77 Express started November 2015. Crews are currently working in the 26-mile project corridor of Interstate 77 from Exit 11 to Exit 36.
Construction of I-77 Express is occurring with a goal to minimally disrupt motorists. Occasional lane shifts and lane closures only take place during overnight hours. However, with day and night activity in the work zone, motorists should drive safely and stay alert at all times.
To receive regular updates on construction news, please sign up for I-77 Express E-Alerts.
October 2018 Construction Update
September 2018 Construction Update
August 2018 Construction Update
July 2018 Construction Update
June 2018 Construction Update
May 2018 Construction Update
April 2018 Construction Update
March 2018 Construction Update
February 2018 Construction Update
January 2018 Construction Update
December 2017 Construction Update
November 2017 Construction Update
September 2017 Construction Update
August 2017 Construction Update
July 2017 Construction Update
June 2017 Construction Update
May 2017 Construction Update
April 2017 Construction Update
March 2017 Construction Update
February 2017 Construction Update
January 2017 Construction Update
Work Zone Safe Driving Tips
Construction activity is ongoing for I-77 Express and the current general purpose lanes and bridges from Uptown Charlotte to Exit 36 in Mooresville. Please stay alert and be aware of your surroundings at all times when traveling through the construction zone. Let’s keep construction workers and motorists safe as we work to improve your commute!
Your attention to safety matters.
- Dedicate your full attention to the roadway.
- Allow ample space between your vehicle and the car in front of you.
- Avoid passing in the work zone.
- Please turn on your headlights. Workers and other motorists must see you.
- Do not speed in the work zone. The posted speed limit is there for everyone’s safety and is enforced.
- Expect the unexpected. Keep an eye out for workers and their equipment.
- Do not tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow instructions from flaggers. They are there to keep you safe.
- Be patient! Remember the construction crews and you all want to arrive home safely.